The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recurring task on same day Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've been trying to find a way to set a task to recur either on a particular day of the month without much success. Specifically, something like "The first Wednesday of the month" or "The last day of the month". I realize this may be a bit complex, but does anyone have something worked out? I have a task that I usually run to "close out" some accounts and items at the end of the month and would love for OF to remind me with a task, and similarly at the start of the month.

Thoughts???

Yeah, it's not really all that complex. You put in a repeating task that reminds you at the start of the month to put in a task for that month that tells you to close out accounts on the correct day. You'll have to spend a few seconds looking at a calendar to figure out which day is the correct day each month. Alternatively, put in a task that repeats every year telling you to put in a task for each month in the upcoming year to do your account closing. Either way, use a start date on tasks you don't want to see until some date in the future.

You can also use Help->Send Feedback to add a vote to the request for richer repeat options, but people have been asking for that for a long time, so it would be smart to assume that you might have a long wait.

Another method might be to write a script that adds a task set to be due on the last day of the current month and then set that script to be run automatically by iCal every month.