The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem syncing after 1st sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
soccerplayer: I don't know what list to add you to until I know some more details about your situation:

1) What WebDAV service are you using?
2) When OmniFocus on the Mac syncs, what debug output do you see in Console?*

*To turn on debug output, copy the following text and paste it into Terminal, and then press return.
Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus XMLFileManagerDebug -bool true

I've been successfully syncing using .me with idisk sync OFF.

kidtreo - me too when it worked, but it won't do anything right now

Lizard,

I sent this to you in a separate email a few minutes ago, but wanted to post here as well just in case anyone else has had the same problem.

I travel overseas A LOT 4-6x a year to Asia. I always reset my system clock on my MBP for whatever time zone I'm in (there's really 2 for the countries I visit in Asia) I also turn on time zone support as well.

When I was there I noticed some of my actions were in my due today perspective, but they were orange, not read as they should be, I went to all the orange and re typed the current date in and they changed to red as they should be even though the original date was the same. There was obviously something going on there.

I wonder if that's what led to the corruption of data on OF and might be why I'm currently unable to sync?

This is just a thought to share with the team, might not have ever come up before......

Thanx for all the help you guys have been giving me over the last couple of days, i'm at least hopeful now, even though I still can't get a sync.....

Regards,

I updated to the latest build for OF mac this morning, got a good first sync (upload), waited about 15mns tried again, the sync failed. I deleted an reinstalled OF on my iPhone. Shut down OF on my Mac and waited about 30mns.

Restarted about 705am and got a sync!!!

I added a couple of items let OF sync them and it synced, then I synched the iphone app and the changes came over.

after a while i check the release notes in the iphone and when I reinstalled it this morning it's been updated to 1.02, the release notes say it was released 7.29 but it did not update my phone until this morning.

I also update OF on my mac to the latest build first thing this morning.

Maybe the combination of these two got everything worked out

I just added something to the iphone and bingo it showed up on my desktop.....

So it appears everything is fixed with the combo of the 2 new updates......

Many, many thanx to you guys for trying to work with me on this!!!!!

now i can finally enjoy it!!!!

Warm Regards

I tried updating to the latest builds after reading this post. It is still not working for me. I'm using 1.02 on the iPhone and 1.1 (v77.9.0.103571) on the desktop. I can still only sync once for each device. After that it just hangs and the processors spin up.

@syl

The team @ omni REALLY helped me a lot on this one, but you need to contact them directly via email to get the best response, they even admit that themselves, I think it's much easier for them to track everything that way.

They mad one suggestion to me that may have helped as well, and it could have been the combo of the 3 things together, they had me move my .plist file and let OF rebuild a new one. Everything is still working for me and VERY VERY fast as well, my database was huge and magically has been resized through the latest update, I think this may have helped a lot, not sure... Anyway, good luck to you, and again I would suggest contacting these guys directly, they were very responsive given everything they are dealing with @ this time......

Thankss Dryver8.

I was also communicating with them via email for support. They found a fix for me yesterday evening. They sent me an Apple Script which resized my database. Everything is now syncing very well and is quite responsive. I'm not sure why my database became so large so fast. I've only been using OmniFocus for a few weeks. But, I'm happy. They said they were going to make this a fix in future updates.

For anyone who's curious about the technical details...

Every time you make a change in OmniFocus, it writes a new file. Normally, when you sync with the server from a Mac, it smooshes* down all the old files into one file. (Lots of little files take up more space than 1 big file on most systems.) However, it can't smoosh any files that other clients haven't seen yet. Each machine writes a .client file to the server to tell the other machines what data it has seen so far. Because of the interaction of a few bugs, every time you change your sync settings, that machine starts writing its client files with a different ID. So all the clients start thinking there's one client that hasn't checked in for a while. So they stop smooshing files. So OmniFocus.ofocus just keeps growing and growing and...

*OK, so that's not a very technical term.

Omni folks

It's great that you were able to get sync working for dryver8, but should this fundamental function really be this complicated? I've also had sync stop working for me with the latest update to the iPhone app, and as I look through the myriad steps required to get this working again, the only thing missing seems to be grinding up eye of newt and strewing it on the front yard during a full moon.

Why did it work with 1.01 and stop working with 1.02? Is it required to have an ongoing email relationship with Omni support in order to get this working again?

Thanks