The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Data Loss After New Version Install? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am about to enter all of my data into OmniFocus. When a new "pre-release" comes out and I have to reinstall the application, will all of my data remain intact? Sorry for the rookie-question, I am just getting started with the application.

Thanks.

sundevil67

All the data will remain intact, putting aside potential bugs in an alpha application.

You may want to set it up to do a backup twice a day and when quitting, for maximum peace of mind. (Preferences.)

Something I've thought about a number of times - perhaps it's been mentioned before: as backups accululate, it would be nice to have a setting in preferences to delete the n-th oldest backup. I tend to forget about my backup folder and the other day I happened to go there and found dozens of backups.