The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Server name keeps changing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using the "HowTo Setup Webdav on Mac OS X Leopard for Syncing Omnifocus to iPhone" posted in a previous thread, I got the syncing to work. However, now I'm finding that my server name keeps changing.

For example, yesterday my server name was: My-Computer-4.local

However, today it's now My-Computer-5.local

The sync fails at this point, of course, until I change the server name on both the computer side and iPhone side in the OmniFocus sync preferences.

So, why does this happen? And how do I get around it? (i.e. stop it from bumping up that one-up number).

Thanks!
Dave
 
I'm speculating here, but it sounds a bit to me like you have multiple machines on your network with the same name, and power-or-sleep cycles are causing different machines to grab the name. The fact that the number keeps going up makes my theory rather suspect, however.

Does this sound like it could be your case? If so and you set each computer to have a unique name (via the Sharing tab of System Preferences), does the problem disappear?

-andrew
 
No, that's not it. The computer name is <firstname>-<lastname>-imac. And we only have one iMac.

However, this machine does have TWO accounts on it (one for me, and one for my wife). I noticed when she logged in there was a message saying something like "server name in use, so we'll call it something else". It seems like that's what bumped up that one-up number.

But, if that were happening ALL of the time, that one-up number should be in the hundreds if not thousands. So, I'm still not sure what's going on...
 
In Sharing Preferences, you might try clicking on the Edit button and giving it a different "Local Hostname" there. Does that help?
 
Unfortunately, no. It just tacks on another one-up number periodically (for whatever reason).

What I'm trying now is to enter the IP address (e.g. 10.0.1.2) assigned by the Base Station. That seems to be working okay for now...

Thanks anyway...
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Changing an Applescript totoholic OmniFocus Extras 7 2012-08-08 09:14 AM
Please add Omni Sync Server support [A: iPhone app supports the server. See thread.] StateMachineJunkie OmniFocus for iPhone 4 2010-11-30 02:29 PM
Sync fails after initial sync on Windows Server 2008 [Server Bug] Shortie Other WebDAV 5 2009-07-16 10:20 AM
Changing Color sandringham OmniFocus 1 for Mac 1 2008-10-15 02:08 PM
Changing fonts zamboknee OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 1 2007-06-11 01:39 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.