The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Outdenting and Entering Text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Forgive me is this has been dealt with. I'm running build 104292 of the 1.1 sneaky peak.

When I use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+] to indent, the cursor appears in the task title field and I can go ahead and edit. When I use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+[ to outdent, the whole row becomes the selected item, rather that leaving the cursor in the title field.

This doesn't feel predictable and means I have to click the mouse in the field, since I can't find a shortcut to start editing the field.

Is this a bug? Can it be changed or can someone tell me how to make it work the way I'd like?

Thanks.

I'm seeing the same thing, whether using the in-/outdent or move shortcuts. Seems like consistency would be a reasonable request - I'd tell Omni via the Send Feedback menu.

You can, however, try the Enter key if you want to reenter edit mode without using the mouse.