The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan 1.6.4 Final Released! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniPlan 1.6.4 has been released!

As always, we’d like to thank everyone who provided crash reports, bug reports, and feedback over the last couple of months. If you'd like to read release notes in their entirety you can click here. The highlights of this update include:
  • Fixed the option to gibberize and include your document with feedback under Snow Leopard.
  • In the open panel, the open button now responds to the return key on Snow Leopard as it always did before.
  • Fixed incorrect cost accounting for assignments to resource groups.
  • Removed recurring console log about OSLayoutManager unexpectedly subscribing for notifications.
  • 1.6.3 presented an alert panel reading "index (n) beyond bounds (n) error" when deleting a task with a duplicated dependency or prerequisite. 1.6.4 deletes them gracefully.
  • Fixed AppleScript access to gantt view colors.
  • Correctly read assigned amounts on group assignments generated by leveling from OmniPlan files. They were always being reset to 100% when files were read.
OmniPlan 1.6.4 is a free and highly recommended update to all registered users of OmniPlan, so fire up your built-in software updater or head to our website and download OmniPlan 1.6.4 today!

Good Morning,
First, I'm a huge advocate/user of most of Omni's software. I was just assigned a huge project and need to create some hefty gannt charts AND budgets to present in the next few weeks. I've looked at both omniplan and merlin, and I'm sorry to say that Merlin is way better at reporting costs right now.
Is there any plan at Omni to make changes to reporting in the near future? It's kind of surprising that the current release doesnt have better budgeting tools ... in the real world, the cost of a project is equally important to the steps being planned and taken to finish that project.
What I'm working on is potentially a multi-year endeavor. Any chance of a major upgrade with better budgeting coming soon?
-Peter