The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't find default perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm new to Omni Focus, and I'm a bit klutzy when it comes to learning software programs, so bear with me. The OF Help guide says that when I click on "Show Perspectives" there should be a list of default perspectives that I can use. However, when I open the "Show Perspectives" window there is nothing listed. I'm having trouble with the whole perspectives thing anyway. I see the buttons near the top of my screen that say, "Ungrouped", "Unsorted", "Any Status", "Duration", etc., but when I try to use them to, for example, sort by Project Name, nothing happens. I really want to use OF to sort my ToDo items by date, project, context, and other variables, but I can't figure out how to do it. Also, can somebody explain to me about sequential and parallel actions? When something is sequential, does that mean that actions only show up on the list after you complete the prior item in the sequence? Thank you.