The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to reorder action groups in Project view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Although it's easy in Project view to reorder individual actions by dragging them up and down within a project or an action group (grabbing the bullet to the left of the highlighted action name), I have been unable to figure out how to do this for an action group. When I highlight an action group, there is no bullet to drag; if I try to drag up, I end up selecting items in the list above the action group.

Am I missing an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
--Russ

You need to click right under the expansion triangle. If the triangle is pointing down (expanded view), click right under the tip.

Greg, thanks for your reply. I tried right-clicking as you suggest. This brings up a context menu, but I don't see anything there about moving the group up or down, which is what I want to do.

Since my original post, I discovered that I can do what I want-- in a clumsy way-- via the menus: Edit -> Outlining -> Move -> Move Up. According to that sub-sub-sub-menu, the command-shift-[up | down]arrow should do the same thing, but on my installation, those keyboard shortcuts do nothing.

I said click right under, not right-click! Click, and hold down, under the very tip and begin dragging.

Duh! Sorry to be so dense-- thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharif View Post
Since my original post, I discovered that I can do what I want-- in a clumsy way-- via the menus: Edit -> Outlining -> Move -> Move Up. According to that sub-sub-sub-menu, the command-shift-[up | down]arrow should do the same thing, but on my installation, those keyboard shortcuts do nothing.
It's command-control-[up|down], not command-shift-[up|down].