The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Web App alive and kickin'! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I also just set up a mailing list which you will be able to access from here: http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=5103

My bad. I half-assedly attempted to upgrade the web app to RB-AppScript 0.5. Bad call. This is fixed in trunk as of today. If some of you fellas out there with SVN could fetch the trunk, play, and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

There ought to be a 0.1.2 release shortly.

Omni fellas: I don't suppose that either there's better documentation to be had of the AppleScript interface or some source code that I can peep at? I used "rdoc-osa" (from RubyOSA) to generate an RDoc that vaguely resembles the RB-AppScript API (although not quite). However, some of the documentation is a little vague.

Thanks,
Evan

Evan: we don't really have anything beyond what is in the OmniFocus applescript dictionary. But please, feel free to post any questions you have, or better yet, email omnifocus@omnigroup.com with 'applescript support for web app' or something else descriptive in the title and we'll be happy to help you out (and use your questions to help us learn where our docs need improvement).

v0.1.2 is now available which should fix the annoying bug folks were running into where they couldn't add a task from the web app. You can get it on the below link.

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=5103

Err...actually...I can't seem to be able to use the Add button...even with 0.1.2. Works ok in Safari on my desktop...just not on the iPhone. Weird!

Just want to post my gratitude for someone continuing this web app. I just started using OmniFocus this week. I knew a killer feature for it would be some way to access my current tasks through the iPhone for when I am away from the computer. I tried looking at the various applescripts that exported to different places but none of them met my needs.

Thats when I found this thread and decided to give it a try. I'm using the 0.1.2 build on a fresh Leopard install, just got the machine today, and report that successfully ran the server and connected from my iPhone. Viewing and marking tasks complete works, however the add button doesn't do anything. This isn't such a major problem though since I have the ability to email tasks to myself.

Thanks again.

You're the second person to report that the add button doesn't work. Odd. Works on my iPhone. Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Light View Post
You're the second person to report that the add button doesn't work. Odd. Works on my iPhone. Noted.
Evan, what firmware are you running on your iPhone? And have you jailbreaked your phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhitfield View Post
Evan, what firmware are you running on your iPhone? And have you jailbreaked your phone?
I'm on 1.1.3 w/o jailbreak. Although I was on 1.1.2 jailbroken. Works for me on both.

This is interesting. I found this after I had upgraded my phone to 1.1.3. I upgraded from a non jailbroken install of 1.1.2.