The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus has deleted some tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Been using OF for a short while now and use it daily but recently i have noticed that some of my tasks have been removed. I have checked to see if they have been completed by mistake and they do not appear even when i search.

When i rollback to a previous backup copy of the database i get the tasks (ones that i have been searching on). i cannot roll back to this backup permanently because i will loose a lot of history.

I have exported all my backups to excel and found all the missing tasks but i cannot get them back into OF without typing them all in again - with over 180 that is not going to be fun.

Any ideas?

More likely than having lost them is that you have some type of filtering turned on.

Under the View menu, do you see an option to "Hide View bar"? If so, switch to Project mode, check your view bar and set them to (from left to right)

All Projects/Ungrouped/Unsorted/Any Status/Any Duration/Any Flag State

If your View menu shows you "Show View bar", select that command first then try resetting the views as described.

Also make sure there is no search term in the search field of the menu bar.

Curt

If, after clearing the search & filtering, you still can't see your actions, please contact omnifocus@omnigroup.com. We'd really like to track down and address any data-loss bugs promptly.

I just thought I'd mention that the quickest way to see everything (resetting your view mode, view bar filters, sidebar selection, and search field) is to select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu.