The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating groups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a group that does ocntain 3 tasks.

The group start date is 31/08 and the due date is 31/08/08
One of the task have as start and due dates 31/08 and 01/09, the others have 01/09 and 05/09

The group and the task repeat every month from assigned date

I have a number of problems:
1) None of the tasks appear as due soon or overdue.
2) When I mark one of the tasks as done another is created a month later but when I mark the group another group with all the tasks is created.

What I'm doing wrong?

1) They won't be marked due soon if the start date hasn't been reached. It not being 31/08 or 1/09 yet, the start dates have not been reached for any of your tasks.

2) This is normal. If you want just the tasks to repeat until the group is complete (ie, marking the group done will stop the tasks from repeating), you should set the tasks for repeats and not the group. If you want the group and all the tasks to repeat, you should set the group to repeat and not the tasks.

Thanks