The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting to OPML discards all text formatting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried to export my OmniOutliner document into OPML but, alas, all formatting was lost: no bold or italic text to be found anywhere.

Any workarounds?

Thank you!

If the goal is to go OmniOutliner → OF, I think that OF will import an OmniOutliner document directly. Keep in mind that OF only allows rich text in notes. If you look around the forums I think you might find the order that OF will expect the columns to be in. I hope this responds to the question you were asking.

Actually, OF is a bit more flexible than that -- it pops up a dialog where you tell it which column corresponds to the various parts of an action, so the order doesn't have to be the same.

If this is really a question unrelated to OF, you might have more luck in the OO forum, or with Help->Send Feedback.

Thank you. I actually thought I had posted this on the OO forum. My apologies.

The goal here is to migrate from OO to DevonThink. This is meant as an experiment at this point; I am exploring whether I could simplify my workflow by gathering all my info on one database rather than two.

Anyway, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macula View Post
Thank you. I actually thought I had posted this on the OO forum. My apologies.

The goal here is to migrate from OO to DevonThink.
Devonthink can display and index the contents of OO3 documents, so it probably makes more sense to simply drop them into your DT database(s)