The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Two Flip4Mac WMV Plugins? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While scanning OmniWeb's list of plug-ins (in Preferences) looking for a specific plug-in, I noticed two nearly identical Flip4Mac plug-ins:
  • Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin
  • Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.webplugin
I found the two plug-in files in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins and did a Get Info on each. The first is a "Plugin", Open with Netscape; the second is a "WebKit Plugin", Open with WMV Player.

Is OmniWeb clever enough to choose the right one? My guess is I should disable the first one.

With both enabled, WMV videos play fine (except at MSNBC, which demands a Windoze browser).

Last edited by Ward; 2006-11-26 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: fix typo

I disabled the generic Flip4Mac plugin, quit & relaunched OmniWeb, and tried a video at CNN.com.

My impression is the video played more smoothly.

I just checked, and I had three installed. I had two of the webplugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
I disabled the generic Flip4Mac plugin, quit & relaunched OmniWeb, and tried a video at CNN.com.

My impression is the video played more smoothly.
OmniWeb will prefer the WebKit webplugin file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I just checked, and I had three installed. I had two of the webplugins.
the two webplugin files in the plug-in preference pane is a display glitch you should only have one in your Internet Plug-ins folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
the two webplugin files in the plug-in preference pane is a display glitch you should only have one in your Internet Plug-ins folder.
Yes, you're right. And it looks like by disabling one I disabled both.