The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fill question (from rank newbie) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I seem to have difficulty filling in a shape with a color. I select the shape, then select the Fill inspector. Now what? I tried selecting the Color inspector and choosing a color, but nothing happens as a result. There must be some other step I'm missing and I'm just not finding it in the help.

I know, dumb newbie question. But I've tried various combinations to no avail, and I've tried the help but I couldn't find the explanation for doing it. Anyone?

Thanks.

1. Make sure the FILL check box is checked
2. Select the fill type in the left pulldown in the inspector (e.g. Solid)
3. Click on the color box on the right side of the inspector and a color panel will show up. Select a color and you should be all set.

Thank you for the directions. So at this point it looks like my problem is that I don't see a color box on the right side of the inspector. Attached is a screen shot, with the inspector in the middle (hopefully it got uploaded correctly). Which part of this is the color box?

Hmm, I don't think the file got uploaded. Trying it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-08-26 at 10.50.26 AM.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	1999  

Here's a screen capture after I've clicked on the color box (now blue), brought up the color chooser, and chosen a color.

You should also get descriptive labels of the various controls if you hover your mouse cursor over them for a few seconds.

Yup, now I've got it. Thank you very much!

Great! I highly recommend watching the tutorial videos on the website if you haven't already done so, and there's no shame in watching them again if you have. I think I pick up something new each time I do! Taking a glance at the first one, I'm reminded that the mini-inspector visible across the top of the diagram (just to the right of the numbers showing the size and position of the selected object) allow you to quickly change fill type, color, line stroke, etc. Of course, with the default color being white, they aren't quite as apparent as they are in my screen shot!