The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can we please have an option to have reminders for actions before they are due?
I've always wondered why I couldn't do this with OmniFocus when all the other alternatives had this feature.

Could we have an option to use a calendar view when selecting due and start dates?
I have just tried using Appigo's Todo for iPhone, and although it is lacking in many respects, the way their due date selection works is so much more intuitive and elegant than that of OmniFocus.

Welcome to the forums, Fineas! I'm pretty sure we have feature requests open on something like that; if you email the support ninjas, they can attach you to that request. Thanks!

(All other things being equal, we try to give the most popular requests priority when planning our work.)

Last edited by Brian; 2011-06-24 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: a feature request -> feature requests

Hi fineas,

I hope that Omnigroup adds start dates into their forecast view as well, altho it already exists in iPad version so I suppose they will implement it into iPhone as well.

An alternative solution for both of your requests (reminder before Due Date / Start Dates in a forecast view) is that if you start to use a method where you use 'Today' perspective. You can define a task to appear in a Today perspective before the actual Due Date by defining a Start Date.

Then you can create a 'Scheduled' perspective where you can see your upcoming tasks based on their start dates just as you would in forecast view with start dates.

To create the perspectives you will need the desktop version of Omnifocus.

It does take some effort but there is a detailed description how to make all this here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...=things&page=2

Last edited by devastat; 2011-06-25 at 11:42 AM..