The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support for email clients other than Mail.app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've always loved the use of the Clip-O-Tron 3000 and I still prefer it over the new Mail Drop feature for processing my email into tasks. The key reason I like it so much is the fact that it offers a link to the original email message, rather than just the text from the email as the Mail Drop system does.
I'm now using a different email application (MailMate) and I'm really missing the Clip-O-Tron 3000.
I'm wondering; is there is any other way of getting the "Show Original" link in an OmniFocus task?

Most of Clip-o-Tron's work is accomplished via AppleScript, so it's theoretically maybe possible to write a similar tool for other email clients that have good AppleScript support.

That's pretty much what I thought, but a "theoretically maybe possible" scenario is a little sketchy for me to get my hopes up.

;)
thanks

Working great for me now in the new beta build of mailmate. Check out the info on this thread: http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/proj.../4#ticket-4-32

Copies text of message and includes link back to the email as well.

Thanks naupaka! I certainly didn't search deep enough on the MailMate ticket forum.

So happy now!!

Mailplane and Postbox have OF support as well, although I'm not sure if it works exactly the same as Mail.app.