The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Filesize massive and slow at 3mb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have the problem documented in this post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8681

The file size of my OmniFocus file has now grown up to 3mb and it's
resulting in it loading slowly on the iPhone and syncing slowly. I've
decided to export the file from OmniFocus to the desktop and then use
this to replace the OmniFocus file in ~/Library/Application Support/
OmniFocus/OmniFocus.focus and this has resulted in the file reducing
to 36kb. It opens super fast again on the iPhone and syncs really quickly.

Is there any way to prevent this being necessary? I have tried the
advice in the forum post above and this does help, but not to the extent
that i need it to and it's not long before the size increases out of
control again.

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry for the trouble that this is causing!

The best thing to do here would be to contact the support ninjas via email so we can work with you to get this straightened out. We browse the forums as we're able, but if you send us an email, you're guaranteed a response.

One thing that may help would be to open up OmniFocus' sync preferences and press the "Show Clients" button in that pane. If the list that appears in the sheet that drops down includes entries for phones or Macs that are no longer syncing, your sync server may be keeping extra data around so those devices can catch up if they ever sync again.

If you don't see any duplicate or out-of-date entries in that sheet, you'll definitely want to contact the support ninjas. We'll get it straightened out.

(I deleted your thread over in the OmniFocus for Mac forum, since it was just a pointer to this post. Cross posting isn't necessary to attract our attention.)