The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing to Flash Drive Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to sync my iMac and my MacBook OF to a flash drive. I think this should work — and it kind of does. My issue is that I tend not to shut down very often, so I am disconnecting and reconnecting the flash drive multiple times per login session. OF (and/or OS X) doesn't seem to recognize that it's the same flash drive; the syncing fails, and when I reset the sync location, the drive shows in the Location box as "[drive name] 2," or whatever number of times I have reconnected the flash drive.

I'm not sure if this is an OF issue or an OS X issue? Any ideas for how to get around this? I am constantly having to reset my sync preferences.

A secondary issue: On the iMac, I don't get a sync error. It seems to think it is still successfully syncing to the previous flash drive connection somehow. The iMac is running 10.4... perhaps that is related to the issue(s)?

Last edited by erasure; 2010-02-07 at 06:09 PM..