The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

omnifocus or omniplan? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I agree and I'll go one step further and suggest that OmniGroup make a dedicated OmniCalendar and OmniContact module that will work with Focus and Plan and will integrate with iCal and AB for syncing. I'm currently using Daylite for contacts and calendar and I'm dying to find a better solution, and believe me, so are countless other mac users. There is a great void in this area for mac users.

Regarding the overlap of Focus and Plan. I have both as well, and honestly, the structure of both is very similar. If you're a project manager you can pretty much do everything that Focus does with Plan and if you just need GTD, then Focus is really all you need since you can schedule and iCal the items. I use Plan for work and scheduling Projects, and I use Focus for brain dumps, and sorting tasks. I theoretically can do that with Plan if needed as well. But sure, if we can create a perfect scenario then there really should only be ONE application, not 2 with similar attributes.
Hello Butter,
Well, I see you're still looking around.... I agree that the Mac really needs a calendar/contact solution. Haven't seen that since the old Now Up-To-Date/Contact days. I see you at the Daylite forums as well looking around just like me. Looking for something.....

Maybe the Omni-folks should just buy out BusyCal! That would give Omni a ready-made calendar product! I hear that the BusyCal folks are a small outfit. Throw some resources their way and maybe we can get to the OmniContacts portion much faster!

Yes, I'm not too fond of Daylite either. Their contact solution works OK but their calendar definitely needs a lot of work.

Daylite's workflow is so roundabout. It would take me a few more clicks to do something that just seems to flow in BusyCal.

I've been trying to figure out SOHO Organizer but their tech support has not been quite sufficient. Their lack of a user forum prevents other users from helping each other out.