The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How "soon" is "Soon"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm surprised to see this type of anger and hostility in here...for a minute, I thought I was back in the Cultured Code forums :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
Of course I don't feel like Omnifocus works for me! How absurd that you would construe that from my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
Okay....I can admit to my misinterpreting the whole "does Omnifocus work for you now"...and beg forgiveness for immediately jumping to conclusions. Thanks for pointing that out and, as such, I offer humble apologies (while, at the same time, feeling like a complete "ass"!)
It's okay. I was offering no hostility, just asking a question. But just so we are on the same sheet of music: OmniFocus is the software application, and Omni Group (more specifically: The Omni Group) is the name of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantSquid View Post
I'm surprised to see this type of anger and hostility in here...for a minute, I thought I was back in the Cultured Code forums :)
Thanks, MutantSquid. This made my morning. I'll be laughing all day at this.

I wish Omni would give us more info... I'm now moving around with my iPad instead of the Macbook. The iPhone version on iPad isn't good enough... some info would be nice... stop me checking here all the time / searching on iTunes... even considered other options but holding fire for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What is it, exactly, that makes OF in iPhone emulation on the iPad an unworkable situation for you right now, that simply having a non-pixel-doubled version would fix, as you seem to imply? Not enough rows on the display?
Well, yeah, that and title truncation. iPhone OF (in portrait) is 8.5 lines by about 34 characters. Or how about the "Title & Note" screen - in landscape, you get to see _two_ lines of note text at a time. A TRS-80 Model 100 would be embarrassed.

But I misspoke by implying "non-pixel doubled iPad app is important _by itself_." I didn't mean to imply that simply upping the screen res to get more lines would be worth a separate release. Especially after seeing the progress already made in the vid of the new app.

I meant to say basic iPad functionality (properly sized text fields, mult select, etc) delivered in a couple weeks is much more important to many than an advanced GUI "revolutionizing outside the box" version delivered in a couple months.

Examples:
-Moving an item is far too scroll intensive with a large dbase.
-Can't select multiple items (a la Mail on iPad) to, for example change the dates.
-iPhone kybd on iPad is another layer of inconvenience.

& there's more.

Last edited by steven; 2010-07-12 at 06:31 AM..

Ha ha, you have to chuckle really. A couple of months ago none of us even had an iPad and now suddenly everyone's acting as if it's the end of the world that an app isn't available immediately on launch.

Chill out chaps!

It'll be here soon enough. In the meantime your iPhone / Desktop version hasn't suddenly stopped working has it? I find it's far more relaxing to use the systems you've already got rather than stress about something you haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
Ha ha, you have to chuckle really. A couple of months ago none of us even had an iPad and now suddenly everyone's acting as if it's the end of the world that an app isn't available immediately on launch.

Chill out chaps!

It'll be here soon enough. In the meantime your iPhone / Desktop version hasn't suddenly stopped working has it? I find it's far more relaxing to use the systems you've already got rather than stress about something you haven't.
insert "Joe vs. the Volcano" clip - "I'm not arguing that with you!."

lol

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
It's okay. I was offering no hostility, just asking a question. But just so we are on the same sheet of music: OmniFocus is the software application, and Omni Group (more specifically: The Omni Group) is the name of the company.
Thank you...yes, I know this....just suffering from a severe case of "tunnel vision"......which, unfortunately causes me to behave like an "ass"....and yes, I still feel like one!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post

Chill out chaps!

no one is acting as if the world is coming to an end most are simply and this might seem crazy to you considering its an OF for ipad forum, looking for a update of any sort since the last message two weeks ago. I know what a nutty concept :rolleyes:

Last edited by bhamss; 2010-07-12 at 11:51 AM..

I wonder what David Allen would think of all of this.