The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot open OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just downloaded Omnifocus and here is what I get:

"OmniFocus could not read this database, because it is not in a known format."

I tried to delete it and download it again, but it's the same message.

What version of OmniFocus did you download? 1.0.3? 1.1?

Have you been using a previous version of OmniFocus? Which one?

This is a new install.

There are two files that shouldn't exist on a new install. Just to make sure you're starting with a fresh slate, I suggest you move them aside.

The first is com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist. It will be in ~/Library/Preferences (in your home folder, open the Library, then open Preferences in there).

The second is OmniFocus.ofocus in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus.

Move both of these to your Desktop or something, and then try launching OmniFocus again.

(If you have further troubles, please clarify whether you are running 1.1 Sneaky Peeks, or the more stable 1.0.3)

Neither of these files exist on my computer.
How can I uninstall and start over again?

When I tried to download Sneekypeek, it would not let me.

Last edited by keithgedwards; 2008-08-01 at 04:37 PM..

I have the same problem. Any ideas on what to do

This is unusual. Please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com and put your forum user name in the subject line so we can find your tickets quickly.

Just tell me how to completely delete the application please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgedwards View Post
Just tell me how to completely delete the application please!
Just delete the two files that Lizard mentioned above, along with the application.

Also, what do you mean by "When I tried to download Sneekypeek, it would not let me"? What's "it" in that sentence? (Just trying to help you get going with the Sneaky Peek. If you've given up, I'm sorry to hear that, but please don't take my questions as grammar nitpicking.)

Curt

I've got the same problem. This is a new install for me. 1.1 has never been on my Mac. The files you mention (com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist and OmniFocus.ofocus) do not exist on my machine. Uninstall/reinstall does not resolve the issue.