The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Background tab download problem (sp10) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SP10

Tried to download something, but I'm in the habit of command-clicking links (mapped to a button on my trackball).

I command-clicked on the tiger theme download link at:
http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/
(Download the Tiger theme for Omniweb 5.5 (888k))

It attempted to open it in a background tab, but start downloading. In the downloads window, however, it showed "171.1k of 4.0GB" with an estimated time remaining of something absurd. It never "completed" the download.

I clicked (regular click) on the link, and it downloaded properly. Then, to make sure I wasn't insane, I command clicked it again to get the same bad result, which I did.

Looks like when a download starts in a background tab directly, that the downloads window doesn't quite know what it's getting.

-Craig