The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

bookmarkbar questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1) is it possible to (possible using applescript?) make it so that if one were to drag a URL into the bookmarks bar, Omniweb would automatically take that bookmark and move it to a specific folder in either one's personal bookmarks or another specific [nested] folder in the bookmarksbar? the effect i'd like to achieve is something similar to an applescript i once saw that would move any files dragged/moved to the desktop into a specific folder. it'd be even better if omniweb created a new folder who's title was the date within a specified folder so that one could go through and view the bookmarks by day. this isn't a super huge need of mine, since it's probably kind of stupid, but I'd certainly like it if it's possible.

2) is it possible to change the folder icon of individual folders within the bookmarkbar without changing the default folder icon across the entire applications? i'm trying to achieve something similar to the bookmarks icon in safari's bookmarkbar.

3) is/are there bookmarklets that trigger things within omniweb? what i mean to ask is, is there a bookmarklet, or would it be possible to create a bookmarklet that, once clicked, could do something like open the bookmarks/history/downloads window?

....no one has anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc
3) is/are there bookmarklets that trigger things within omniweb? what i mean to ask is, is there a bookmarklet, or would it be possible to create a bookmarklet that, once clicked, could do something like open the bookmarks/history/downloads window?
View -> Toolbars -> Customize Navigation Bar
has nav buttons for open bookmarks, show history, and downloads panel. Is that what you're looking for?

you're joking, right?

No. What makes you ask?

sorry, it's just that your recommendation was kinda far off. i understand why you recommended it, and i'm sure adding the buttons to the navbar makes a hell of a lot more sense than what i'm looking to do, but i'm looking to do something totally different. i want the links in the bookmarks bar because i don't like having 50 different icons crammed next to each other looking all cluttered. instead, i want bookmarklets in the bookmarks bar that do the dame damn thing as those i could put into the nav bar. i don't know if that made sense.

Yes. Personal aesthetics. I understand.

mmhm. seems that's the reason for half my battles these days, but that's a good thing i think.

Oh, I'm not knocking it at all. We get into these grooves which work well for us. If they didn't work well for us, they wouldn't be grooves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
1) is it possible to (possible using applescript?) make it so that if one were to drag a URL into the bookmarks bar, Omniweb would automatically take that bookmark and move it to a specific folder in either one's personal bookmarks or another specific [nested] folder in the bookmarksbar? the effect i'd like to achieve is something similar to an applescript i once saw that would move any files dragged/moved to the desktop into a specific folder. it'd be even better if omniweb created a new folder who's title was the date within a specified folder so that one could go through and view the bookmarks by day. this isn't a super huge need of mine, since it's probably kind of stupid, but I'd certainly like it if it's possible.
Re-read this. Looked at where OW keeps bookmarks (~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb/Bookmarks.html~). Since it's basically an html file, you might be able to either 1) drag the url to the desktop, have Hazel process it via an applescript which rewrites or edits the Bookmarks.html~ file, or 2) drag the url to any folder which has a folder action attached which rewrites or edits the Bookmarks.html~ file.