The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

EditArea not working in OW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm using MODx on one of my sites. The editing UI uses EditArea, a JavaScript source code editor with syntax highlighting etc.

While the editor works in Safari, it does not show in OmniWeb. A test URL to try would be:

http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea/edi...mple_full.html

In OW (5.7sp1), this renders just plain text area editing controls, while in Safari (3.0.4 (523.12.2)), the text area is replaced by a source code editor with automatic syntax highlighting.

Is this a problem with the code that EditArea uses and makes it incompatible with OW, or is this an OW issue?

Getting EditArea to work would be great :-)

Thanks, kris.

Last edited by Christian Roth; 2008-01-23 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: misspelling corrected

Found it: The code seems to do browser identification. When I set OW to identify as e.g. Safari, the editor shows as desired.

-kris