The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Impossible to set due date/time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do you know nothing is being saved? The time portion won't be shown unless you look with the Inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How do you know nothing is being saved? The time portion won't be shown unless you look with the Inspector.
I could tell nothing was being saved because even the date was not set. I verified this by looking at the item in the inspector. No date.

But I did figure this out just now. I found that if I entered the date BEFORE opening the calendar pick tool, the date would end up saved. Which made me happy but also led to a little more testing.

Turns out that if you invoke the calendar pick tool you must select a date or nothing will be saved. This seems obvious when I make the statement, however, the tool opens with the current date highlighted, which led me to believe that I didn't need to actually select it as the date; I assumed it was defaulted to today. What is potentially misleading is that when you invoke the tool the current date does get displayed in the due date field, making me think I didn't need to actually select it.

I hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, and I'm surprised that it hasn't come up before! Be sure to send in a bug report with Help->Send Feedback or email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.