The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating projects duplicating Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I sync OmniFocus for iPad, Mac, and iPhone over Bonjour. I have a repeating project for my Weekly Review and a "Daily Start Up." With some regularity, I find myself with two copies of each of these projects. Somehow they're getting duplicated in the sync process. Any suggestions, short of deleting? That's annoying because these projects have notes in them that I regularly update, and if I delete at random I might lose the latest version of the notes.

Thanks,
David

One easy way to cause this behavior is to complete the repeating project on more than one client. If you always make sure to sync a device when you start and finish using it, however, it should not be possible to do this. Or just pick a client that you will always use to complete that project. Completing the project is what creates the next one, and if you complete on multiple clients, you do that multiple times. The sync code isn't able to figure out that the two (or more) should be merged into one.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I have these projects set to complete when last action checked, but I will change that option and make sure to complete only from one machine.

The auto-complete shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't check off the final items on two different machines. I've got a number of daily repeating projects that auto-complete and I don't get duplication as long as I don't complete the same project in two different places.