The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use Omni Frameworks in Mac App Store Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an application I have developed where I use OmniBase and OmniNetworking. Can I submit my app to the Mac App Store using these frameworks?

No one knows yet what exactly they'll be restricting, but we'll definitely be submitting apps that use them. There may be rejections and the need for cleanup, or there may not be (just as with any other pile of code).

There are places that use private API in our frameworks, but these are generally heavily commented and associated with Radar numbers (if they aren't, it is a bug that we should fix). I don't recall any in OmniBase or OmniNetworking, but I haven't done a search yet (Ken's working on the Mac App Store bits).

It turns out we have some stale code in our OmniAppKit framework which references the private function _SetWindowCGOrderingEnabled():

Code:
- (void *)carbonWindowRef;
{
  WindowRef windowRef;
  extern void _SetWindowCGOrderingEnabled(WindowRef, Boolean);

if (![self respondsToSelector:@selector(_windowRef)]) {
      NSLog(@"-[NSWindow(OAExtensions) carbonWindowRef]: _windowRef private API no longer exists, returning NULL");
      return NULL;
  }

windowRef = [self _windowRef];
  _SetWindowCGOrderingEnabled(windowRef, false);
  return windowRef;
}
The -carbonWindowRef method was used for embedding Carbon plug-ins in OmniWeb back in 2001 (before WebKit existed), and we used _SetWindowCGOrderingEnabled() to work around a bug where the window with the plug-in would jump forward each time the app became active. (This was a holdover from the pre-OS X window activation behavior where all of an app's windows would come forward when you clicked on any of them.)

None of our code actually calls -carbonWindowRef anymore; if you're using OmniAppKit I'd recommend removing this method.