The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

⇧⌘← / Location Bar Keyboard Access Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams
I'll also admit that I've come >this< close to turning off the search field a number of times. I often want to see the entire URL, and that can be a tedious challenge with very long URLs given a location bar that is already short but even shorter with the search bar.
I had that problem, too, until I stumbled over the location bar. :-)

Just hit alt-command-L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devjj
Seconded. I'm going nuts trying to teach myself that ⇧⌘← means "homepage"
I spend too much time typing in textareas in OmniWeb to not have ⇧⌘← Select the current line. My solution was to create a custom keyboard shortcut for "Go to Start Page" in the Keyboard & Mouse System preference pane. Once you change this shortcut away from ⇧⌘← the default text selection action will return when you next restart OmniWeb.

How about changing "home page" to the more universal "shift-command-h".

I think i do that far more often than showing my History...

I think the home page link could be changed as well. I never use a home page :\

I think it is what it is for legacy reasons. We'll see about changing it in the future.

Also, Command-Shift-H goes to history so that would involve us changing multiple shortcuts but something...