The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cosmetic bug - search box Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ah, much thanks, that did the trick.

Thanks Len, that did fix it.

Once Jon fixes the installer, I'm sure this won't be necessary.

Another problem related to the theme in RC1: My bookmarks window will not show. This only happens on the install where at one point I tried Jon's new installer -- on my Powerbook, it works fine, but not on the G5.

If I have OW set to show bookmarks page in a browser window, only the lower part of the window shows -- no bookmarks list etc.

If I have it set to show in a new window, no window shows up.

If I revert to a fresh install of RC1, all works fine. Why would this be?

Again, this is my fault. My installer changes .nib files which is a little silly when they could be changing a lot during beta. I think what I need to do is only have the icon files in the installer, and keep .nib changes in a separate folder, for those that want to install it (but do it manually)

It is odd how its been OK until RC1 though.

Yes, also odd that the bug affects only one installation. I'm using RC1 and your theme at home, and have no such problem with bookmarks.

OK, I've redone the installer, and its tested fine at my end. Please give this a go on a new copy of OW:

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/download/OW5.5-theme.zip

This is just the icon theme, no changes to window .nib files, although the modified files are provided if you fancy trying them.

The file won't unzip. I get a 477.9kb Zip, but the unzip causes an error.

Strange, the new installer hosed the toolbar just like in my previous screenshot. So I deleted that RC1.

Then I copied the successfully themed OW RC1 from my PB G4 onto my G5, and I'm using that now successfully.

Why do you suppose that the G5 install kept getting screwed?

Could you try one more thing for me? Does it hose the toolbar when you copy the image files in manually, rather than use the installer?

I just downloaded 5.5 final, and the installer hosed the toolbar again.

However, manually copying the icon TIFs from "goodies" into the Omniweb.app (replacing) worked great.

On a hunch, I then deleted OW, all copies of the downloaded theme file, and the receipts from the previous installations. I then re-installed 5.5 final and ran your new installer, and it worked fine.

Either something about the receipts or the extraneous old downloads confused the installer, probably.

Last edited by Handycam; 2006-09-06 at 02:35 PM..