The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Purchasing Omnifocus direct v Mac App Store Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm new to Omnifocus (LUVIT) and am about to hit the end of my trial period. I'm able to wait until the Mac App Store goes live if I have to and am trying to decide between purchasing direct versus purchasing via the Mac App Store. (I'm assuming pricing will be identical).

I'm weighing a couple of different factors:

1. Omni gets more of my money if I purchase direct - big plus
2. Licensing may be more generous via the Mac App Store? (five devices if on the same Apple ID, so that might make it easier for my wife to use it, if she ever chooses to). Is that right?

Any other factors that I should be thinking of?