The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to import text into OO? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry if this is obviously documented somewhere --- perhaps it's already a telltale sign that I could not find that...

So: I have a long pure text with paragraphs that I would like to edit in OO on my iPad as an outline, but I found no easy way to import. Even if I paste the text manually into a note (e.g. from an email I sent myself), there seems to be no easy way to break down paragraphs (or wherever I want to) into separate notes, but it's up to me select that text and manually cut-and-paste into new notes. This is anything but productive.

Is there an easy way?

Aside: I set up the webDAV sync via OmniSync, but even then I just saw a folder called OmniFocus, I could not find a way to easily dump a file there (in some format) --- definitely not from the mac version of OmniOutliner.

Thanks for any help!

Laszlo