The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb and Dreamweaver Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy there!

I love OmniWeb but use Dreamweaver a lot and since OmniWeb is my default browser I would like to use it with the preview feature to view my web pages before I post them. When I choose OmniWeb to do this it can't open and gives an error opeing the local file. Is this just a bug and if so will it get fixed?

Thank you so much,

Bob

This is a bug logged in our tracker and I'll see that we investigate the issue for a future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
This is a bug logged in our tracker and I'll see that we investigate the issue for a future release.
I hate to be a nag, but we've been making do with no Dreamweaver-to-OmniWeb connection since Handycam first reported the problem in May 2006.

I just upgraded to Dreamweaver CS4 Beta. It's still failing to launch OmniWeb. Safari and Firefox work fine.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Thanks for remembering, Ward. Yes, 2+ years. That's a heck of an investigation.

Another possibility is that the feedback they've gotten on this issue and others has led them to spend their energies on other things. Yeah, it's clearly a bug, but if fixing and testing it is a bunch of work, there are only 3 guys making noises about it, and they've already bought the program....much better to pay attention to my bug reports, I haven't paid yet :-)

This should be fixed in the latest 5.8 sneaky peek.

Yes, it is indeed. Thanks, Troy.

Time for another chorus of "Oh, Happy Day!"

Clearly, you guys should be thanking me; as soon as I suggested they were never going to do it, they did it, just to prove me wrong. Happy to take one for the team :-)

Reverse psychology at work. ;-)