The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how to import text into OO? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry if this is obviously documented somewhere --- perhaps it's already a telltale sign that I could not find that...

So: I have a long pure text with paragraphs that I would like to edit in OO on my iPad as an outline, but I found no easy way to import. Even if I paste the text manually into a note (e.g. from an email I sent myself), there seems to be no easy way to break down paragraphs (or wherever I want to) into separate notes, but it's up to me select that text and manually cut-and-paste into new notes. This is anything but productive.

Is there an easy way?

Aside: I set up the webDAV sync via OmniSync, but even then I just saw a folder called OmniFocus, I could not find a way to easily dump a file there (in some format) --- definitely not from the mac version of OmniOutliner.

Thanks for any help!

Laszlo