The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Colors per-project or per-context? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know this is probably going to get me mobbed by GTD purists, but I really like having things in different colors depending on the kind of thing they are. OF appears to allow me to have, say, all project names green, all next-tasks blue, and all unavailable-items black. What I want, though, is to be able to change colors according to other rules; for instance, everything related to network setup ought to be green. I think this is partially a holdover from failed attempts to make conventional todo lists work for me, but the color-coding really does help me enjoy working with things.

Is this a feature request, or a support request? Only the experts can tell me.

BTW, ten minutes in, I love this immensely. I've tried three or four other apps, and while I loved the color-coding and autocollection of Midnight Inbox, OmniFocus does a better job of letting me suddenly promote a task to a project when I realize I underestimated it, or otherwise allowing me to be distractable and leave things half-considered. This program really is astoundingly cool.

I also truly love having things color coded

this would be great

Christopher

Interestingly, I have "turned off" the current coloring scheme for next actions and singleton actions (by making the text for those actions black) because I don't find that distinction useful.

However, yesterday I sent feedback to OG asking for the ability to color actions by context. So that would be great.

How did you "turn off" the current coloring scheme? Thanks.

Select a next action. Open up the color selector (cmd-shift-C, I think) and make the color of the text black.

You can also use the Copy Style and Paste Style commands in the Format menu.

I don't necessarily care for different colors for different "types" of actions (single/next/parallel), but I do like the idea of color coding by context. I sometimes like to work from iCal on account of this eye candy.