The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus not automatically activating pending project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I set quite a few tasks to pending, and every once and a while I have the feeling that something should be active that isn't. I've had this feeling three times, and each time I was correct: there was a pending task that should be active that isn't. All the settings are correct (ie. the task has a context, the date is set correctly, etc), and I can verify this through the horrible solution that I've found. Basically, to get these tasks to activate, I have to restart OmniFocus. As soon as I restart it, I get the growl notifications saying that the task has become active.

It's infuriating, but more than that, it causes OF to lose its 'trusted system' status. I need to be able to rely on those start dates. I went through the effort to set them because they're important.

I sent an email to tech support, and they just told me to make sure the project wasn't stalled. I know for certain it wasn't stalled because because it activates when I restart OF.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've rebuilt my database several times, but I this problem keeps popping up.

It's terrifying to be losing trust in OF. In other ways it's been great at keeping me on track.

Here's a screenshot of OF not activating a task.

http://vinylwarrior.net/omnifocus/Om...enSnapz001.jpg