The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Wrong Context created in Quick Entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I've noticed what I believe might be a bug within OF 1.0.1 but thought I'd check on the forums first.

I have a Context Group called Work People, and then a list of sub-contexts of individuals or businesses that I need to communication tasks with. This works well for me.

Sometime, in the heat of battle, as I'm creating a task I'd like to assign it to someone who I haven't added to me context list before, via the Quick Entry tool. OF lets me do this using the APPLE+RETURN key combination after I type the context. For example, if I want to add a sub context (person) called Fred under Work People I do the following:

1) Type Work People (well, I type WP and its displayed on a list). I hit RETURN to select the entry
2) I then add ": Fred"
3) I type CMD+RETURN to add the context

This adds the context, but rather than adding Fred as a sub-context to Work People it simply and literally as a new "root" context called "Work People : Fred".

Am I doing something wrong here? It's not a major problem, as I simply goto in the Context view, rename "Work People : Fred" to just "Fred" then drag that context under the "Work People" Context group, but it is a little fiddly.

Thanks,
Mike BP