The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quicksilver + project folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys. I love the project folders. All of my projects are in folders. Is there a syntax for accessing the hierarchy in Quick Silver?
I tried
action > project > folder @ context
no luck

I want to make a new project with a new action in an existing folder.

Maybe someone should set up a support wiki. Dreamhost has one and it's killer.

Last edited by scot; 2007-08-10 at 09:18 AM..

Well, we are all advocates and grateful users of Quicksilver, but ...

given the autocomplete, it's a lot faster (and functionally identical) to do it with the OmniFocus quick entry panel ...

That's not quite true. New projects created in the quick-entry panel are placed at the top-level of the folders hierarchy, rather than nested in folders. I think creating projects in nested folders is what the OP was asking for.

I'm interested in developing stronger Quicksilver/OmniFocus integration. First on my list is the ability to focus on a folder or project using the Quicksilver interface.

Curt

I'm sure I read somewhere in the OF 1.1 Release Notes that it was possible to do this (i.e. create a new project within a folder using the format "Folder: New Project Name") - but I can't get it to work.

Anyone had any success with this?

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturtridge View Post
I'm sure I read somewhere in the OF 1.1 Release Notes that it was possible to do this (i.e. create a new project within a folder using the format "Folder: New Project Name") - but I can't get it to work.

Anyone had any success with this?
I thought I read that too, but can't find it now. The Release Notes were re-written when the Sneaky Peek became publicly available. Perhaps that note disappeared.

I've successfully created nested contexts using the ':' separator, but nested projects don't seem to work.

Curt

I just created an action in my inbox, assigned it to xyzzy : glork cmd-enter as a project and an existing context and after cleaning up, found a new xyzzy folder with a glork project in it in the sidebar...it ended up in sort of a random spot in the sidebar; maybe the problem you're having is simply that it isn't turning up where you expected? I was also able to create a new project in an existing folder by this means.

whpalmer4,

Wow - I wish mine did ... how very strange. I've just trashed the prefs file thinking that this might be something to do with it ... but no - it still works as before ...

I'm going to post some screenshots so that there can be no doubt what I'm talking about.

1. I have three folders into which I put my projects ... Personal, DMW and Client.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	468
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	577
2. I want to create a new project in my Personal folder.
3. I summon the Quick Entry Window and fill it in as shown

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	578
4. I now press Cmd-Return to try and create the new "New test project" within the Personal folder
5. I now press Tab and type Home for Errands

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	579
6. Press Enter (which saves the new task and dismisses the Quick Entry window)

Name:	Picture 4.png
Views:	494
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	580
7. Now looking in the Planning mode (i.e. projects) - my new project is not in the Personal folder.

Name:	Picture 5.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	581

Is this what you do?

J.

It works when you create those in the inbox right away but doesn't when you use the quickEntry panel :(

Maybe that's worth to send to the support ninjas.

OK - I'll send this off to the Ninjas ...

Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brest View Post
It works when you create those in the inbox right away but doesn't when you use the quickEntry panel :(

Maybe that's worth to send to the support ninjas.
Yeah, that matches my experience - I hadn't tried the Quick Entry window, only the Inbox.