The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Copy/Export without bullets? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I think/organize/structure/write in OO but then copy or export the final draft to whatever layout app without having bullets at the front of every field?

I want/need them in OO for their visual queues, but then I want them gone for the final output.

If you switch off the display of bullets in the GUI then I think they will also vanish from most export formats.

Menu system:
Inspectors > Row > Advanced > Show handles > Never
Script for toggling bullets on and off:

Code:
property pBulletState : "item-handle-mode(com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner)"
property pStateOne : "never"
property pStateTwo : "always"

tell application id "OOut"
	if (count of documents) < 1 then return
	tell attribute pBulletState of style of front document
		if (value = pStateOne) then
			set value to pStateTwo
		else
			set value to pStateOne
		end if
	end tell
end tell
(This can, of course, be installed at a button on the OO toolbar).

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-05-16 at 01:31 AM..

If you're exporting to Rich Text Format, see the OmniOutliner preferences, RTF Export section, where you can specify how the bullets will be represented in the output, including deleting them entirely. This has the slight advantage of not altering the display of the document, or marking it changed. Click the reset button at the bottom left in the preferences window to return the settings to the factory defaults.

Change the Rich Text preference: Lovely and elegant! Thank you!

With abandon,
Patrick