The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can you subcribe 1 iCal to 2 Omnifocus Due Soon calendars? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone use one mac (1 iCal account) to subscribe to more than one Omnifocus Due Soon calendar? Say, your Due Soon calendar and your spouse's...

Thanks,
Dan

iCal can subscribe to multiple calendars - if you select
Calendar -> Subscribe...
from the menu bar, you can enter the info for the other calendars you'd like to subscribe to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
iCal can subscribe to multiple calendars - if you select
Calendar -> Subscribe...
from the menu bar, you can enter the info for the other calendars you'd like to subscribe to.
I can subscribe to multiple calendars, but not multiple Omnifocus Due Soon reminder calendars on the same iCal account. I want to subscribe to my OF calendar as well as my wife's on the same iCal account on the same mac.

Sorry, I didn't explain that very completely, did I?

Assuming you both have the Due Soon calendar in the "Subscriptions" section of your iCal sidebar, you can use the following steps to set this up.

Control-click your Due Soon calendar in the iCal sidebar, then select "Copy URL" from the menu that appears.

Paste the URL for the calendar into an email addressed to your partner. Send it to them.

Your partner should paste the URL from the mail into the Subscribe... sheet in iCal.

Once the "Subscribe" button is clicked, iCal will ask for login info for the account that calendar belongs to; she will need to enter your login info into iCal and you will need to enter hers.

Once iCal has both sets of login information, it should check both calendars for changes.

I see. I'm the one who must not have explained it very clearly. The process you explained will sub scribe two different iCals. One Due Soon calendar, two iCals. That's the opposite of what I want.

I want to have my Due Soon calendar and my wife's on the SAME iCal. Two Due Soon calendars, one iCal.

Does that make sense?

Spent a fair amount of time working on this this morning — was unsure if the problem was within the WebDAV server or with iCal & Keychain Access.

It turns out it's with iCal. If iCal has two calendars with the same filename, it will, basically, get confused. Looking at error logs, iCal was sending the wrong username and password to the server for authentication.

It looks like the best workaround would be modifiable names for the calendars. (I'll add a feature request.)

Thanks Derek! Any idea how long that might take? Not trying to rush you guys at all, just wondering. I haven't been on the forums that long.