The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF and pasting screen captures. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Guys!

Playing around with OF (version details down the bottom of this post) and came around this strange problem. I'm trying to take a screenshot of something and paste it into an Inbox item through Quick entry and sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't the pasted item is not the picture I've taken, but an icon named 'Pasted Graphic' with .pict extension that Preview can not show properly, if I try (I see a big question mark instead of the picture).

I played with different sizes of captured area and it looks as if width of the captured image is limited, although height seems to have no such limitation.

I tried to search the Help, but found nothing there.

So, the question is: is it a feature or a bug that I can't paste a screen capture wider than some predefined size?

I guess a workaround is to save screenshots as an image and attach the file to Inbox items instead of pasting it directly into Note field, but it would be nice to see the image right there and then, rather than opening it in Preview. Am I asking for too much here? :-)

Hope the above is not too confusing :-) Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Product: OmniFocus-1.7.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.7.5/GM-v77.41.7
Date: 2009-10-23 10:14:27 -0700
Builder: kc
Host: tb106i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 121031

I think this post may have some relevance: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...05&postcount=7