The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Open Attachments in Other Apps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My understanding is that iOS provides simple APIs for allowing documents to be opened in other applications. Any chance that OmniFocus for iPad could permit opening PDFs or other attachments in other Apps? It would be really great to be able to open an attachment in a dedicated PDF annotation program like iAnnotate or something similar. Those give much more robust PDF tools than the rudimentary viewer that gets pulled up in OmniFocus when viewing PDFs.

Thanks,

Ken has mentioned in the past that he wants to make use of the Document Interchange facilities, but it isn't in the shipping product yet. Use Contact Omni to add your vote and hopefully make it happen a little sooner.