The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb 5.6 Sneaky Peeks now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseycoa View Post
I'm getting a blank page with this one. Thank you.
Sorry, i'm not sure if you mean this in a bad way or good way. What's going on now?

It's still alpha, so I guess there might still be quite some changes. Things that still need to be fixed:

• CMD+i page info columns can be resized, which is neat, but not really that important, unfortunately I still can't reorder the items by clicking on the column titles. E.g. when I want to order the items by size, clicking on "Size" doesn't do anything.

• Synching via .Mac still only works half of the time.

• Where on did the "zoom" button for text fields go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglborps View Post
• Where on did the "zoom" button for text fields go?
The zoomed editor moved, take a look at this thread here.

Looks like the latest sneek version did finally something to improve the poor javascript performance of OW! Some javascript-triggered pop-up windows now actually show content and not only a white screen!

Promising.. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika33 View Post
Looks like the latest sneek version did finally something to improve the poor javascript performance of OW! Some javascript-triggered pop-up windows now actually show content and not only a white screen!

Promising.. ;-)
which one you talking about the last one was Aug 03, 2007 19:04:03 PDT (v611) as of this time. an yes i refresh the SP page every day, like 5 times ;-)

Hoping for the Command+UP/Down while a cursor is in a text field to be fixed.

I meant when I click on the link I get no download, just a blank page in a new window. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Sorry, i'm not sure if you mean this in a bad way or good way. What's going on now?

Although much improvement has been noted through recent sneaky peek releases, immediately after OW5.6 is launched, i always have to wait 3-5 secs for the bookmarks menu to drop down after i click on it. The response of the menu bar on 5.5.4 is instant. Hope this pronounced and unbearable abnormality will not be a feature of the final release of 5.6.

You might take a look at this:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4464
and see if that helps.

I know that the "Netflix bug" is still a bug (although I'm not sure if it's in the plans to fix it or not). However, there does seem to be something "new" surrounding the bug. In the past, when I clicked on a rating, it actually "works", but it navigates away from the page you are on. I would just hit the back button and go about my business. However, these days, it does the same, but after it navigates away, the browser basically becomes unusable. Any page after that just loads indefinitely with nothing coming up.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheathain View Post
I know that the "Netflix bug" is still a bug (although I'm not sure if it's in the plans to fix it or not). However, there does seem to be something "new" surrounding the bug. In the past, when I clicked on a rating, it actually "works", but it navigates away from the page you are on. I would just hit the back button and go about my business. However, these days, it does the same, but after it navigates away, the browser basically becomes unusable. Any page after that just loads indefinitely with nothing coming up.

Just thought I'd pass that along.
I've experienced this as well. Considering how long we've been forced to live with the Netflix bug, I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to use another browser permanently in order to use Netflix. At least the old behavior was workable.

I really hope that Omni takes Netflix compatibility seriously soon.