The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Import iCal Events to OmniFocus Action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you have Lion, please consider purchasing Growl from the App store for $2. They have been developing for free for a couple years and it's a small price to pay for the time they have put in it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/growl/id467939042?mt=12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Okay, so it probably is a localization thing...

This one should do the trick. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, Growl greatly enhances this script.
http://growl.info/
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but the error now says:

"Invalid date and time date October, 27 2011 . -30720"

I haven't tried this script, but the App Store version of Growl changes their interface somewhat, and apps need to be updated in order to talk to it. The version we released today includes those changes fix and *may* affect what folks are seeing here.

This one should do the trick. Let me know how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iCalEventsToOmniFocus.zip (65.9 KB, 340 views)

Thanks. I finally got round to trying the new script and it worked. Does it just take events from the current week?

It does. If you want to change how far it's looking ahead, there is a property toward the top of the script called:
daysToLookAhead
currently it's set at 7.

Change that to what you want and save the script.

Many thanks!

Thanks. This gets me halfway there. I want to use this to show me today's meetings in my OF list. However, when I choose to show 'available', I don't see appts that are coming up later in the day, since their start time is later. Any fix for that?

Good point. It's quite a dilemma.

Some of the workarounds would be:
• change the script to add to the start time of an item... like 12 hours. However, this defeats the purpose of the start time.
• OmniGroup develops a filter that allows available - time. Then actions with a start date would show up before they start.

I use the start date to hide actions that I don't want to see right now, or work on today. My ideal workflow is to clean up the contexts at the end of the day so that there is nothing left. Actions are either completed or moved into the future using the start date.

I'd love to see a filter in OmniFocus for different date ranges, starts today, starts tomorrow, starts next week. This would allow me to see actions that will be starting tomorrow, and in the case of calendar items, actions that start today.

I've been using an iPhone app called Daily Agenda. It automatically syncs from the calendar, and shows you the time until the next event starts. This may be the best workaround.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daily...426688044?mt=8

It boils down to this. Omnifocus should create a way for us to view today's appointments as part of our list, so we can see them without having to switch to iCal.