The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.6 sneaky peek: very slow scrolling on some sites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed a problem with smooth scrolling in OmniWeb. For example:

http://www.austinheller.com/2007/10/...wordpress.html

If I visit this page, scroll to the bottom, and then use the Up arrow key to scroll back up, the scrolling moves very slowly. Note that this isn't the only page where I've seen this problem; it happens in many other pages, as well. The problem occurs in Safari, too.

Turning off smooth scrolling in the Desktop preferences is a workaround for the problem.

I contacted OmniGroup support about this, but they weren't able to confirm it. I'll bet it could be a problem with the graphics card and/or driver in my machine. I'm using the first generation MacBook Pro (ATI Radeon X1600).

Is anybody here experiencing this problem? If so, what graphics card do you have?

I have the same video card as you, and was able to reproduce the same problem with the site you listed.