The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Title of Clippings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whenever I do a clipping I get a title of "From OmniFocus - OmniFocus.ofocus" and the first line is "/Users/stephenscheaffer/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus." I then need to remove the first line and rename the clipping. I would like to see the title the same as the subject if email or the page name if a webpage or something meaningful in the text if only a text clipping and the first line path gone. Is there a useful reason for it's inclusion that I am missing?

Thanks

I now see if I change the clipping preference to "add to inbox" the behavior changes. But why? Now the email clipping has the title of the mailbox with the counts, text selected from a webpage has the second paragraph entered as the title.

Are you hitting <bug://bugs/43796> (Quick Entry unhiding OmniFocus on 10.4)? Since the Mac OS X services architecture doesn't tell us *who* sent the data, we end up having to look at the active application (not ideal, bug logged with Apple). If OmniFocus is unhiding, we'd get the wrong information.

Sorry if I am being obtuse. Are you saying if the clipping goes to the quick entry window it is now coming from OF, hence the "From OmniFocus - OmniFocus.ofocus" stuff? But if it goes directly to the inbox it does not?

There is a bug under 10.4 where using Quick Entry will make OmniFocus the active application. This will probably result in the clipping code finding the Quick Entry and/or OmniFocus document window when it tries to determine who sent the clipping. This is somewhat speculation since I haven't delved into this bug, but it seems like a likely cause for what you are seeing.