Originally Posted by DA.Ashe
1. I don't think the iPhone allows the user to set content type at all. Looking at the headers of the test messages I sent myself, I notice the header "content-type" says:
This would seem to tell me (not an expert... sorry!) that the message is plain text, right?
Yep, that's correct. While I'm thinking of it, I just figured out why the folks are having trouble forwarding messages along from the iPhone - it puts the contents of the forwarded message into an attachment, so the MIME type for their message becomes "multipart/alternative".
Based on the description in the thread, I would expect this to work, but that's obviously not happening. :-) The support ninjas will probably ask you for a screenshot of the long headers for one of the messages you're having trouble with, and a screenshot of the Mail pane of OmniFocus' preferences.
(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)
You can then drag the images to an email message to the ninjas and we'll use the information they contain to try and figure out what's going on here.
Originally Posted by whpalmer4
If it is marked as read before the rule is processed, you don't get the handoff to OmniFocus.
I had forgotten about the "inbox mail rules only get applied to messages marked unread" behavior in Mail; I wonder how many of the posts like this are because of that.