The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Remaining filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm fairly new (to really) using OF (mac, iph, ipa).
I like the remaining filter to see all the remaining things to be done for a specific project. However, when I delegate some actions to someone I use the context to put this on a waiting context ("FollowUp", defined as a context on hold). However, the actions stay visible (grayed). I would like them to go away. I don't like the "available" filter as this only shows a part of the actions.

Bringing a second question: is there a good description somewhere to teach me how I best do my review and set actions to do (today, tomorrow, this week, ....)

Thx

JP

Welcome to the forums!

The Available filter is the "show me what I can work on right now" view, and the the Remaining filter is meant to be the "show me all the stuff I haven't done yet" view. OmniFocus doesn't have a filter that works the way you're imagining.

Project view does offer the ability to "Focus" on a subset of your projects, and we do have a feature request open on the ability to do something similar on some subset of your contexts. Emailing the support ninjas and asking for that change is what I'd suggest, but that's more of a long-term fix.

In the short term, you're probably best off using Remaining the way it's meant to be used and trying to tweak your setup so Available shows you everything you want to see on a day-to-day basis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbogers View Post
Bringing a second question: is there a good description somewhere to teach me how I best do my review and set actions to do (today, tomorrow, this week, ....)
I think the OmniFocus GTD White Paper is probably a good starting point, though it will probably help to have read Getting Things Done if you haven't already done so...

Hope this helps! If it doesn't, follow-up questions are welcome. :-)