The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does Omniweb have a find bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Something I find odd about Omniweb, is that it claims to be the best browser for OS X, yet it doesn't have a feature which is available on (almost) all browsers for OS X and even most for Windows. It doesn't have a find bar.

In BonEcho or Safari 3 beta, when I press Cmd+F, it opens a small bar at the bottom of the page where I can enter my search terms and which is unobtrusive.

In Omniweb, I get a very Internet Explorer-esq situation where a big box opens, blocking a good chunk of text from my screen into which I enter my find term.

Is there some sort of way of enabling a find bar, or a plugin? It'd come in handy...

I second this request.

Count me in too. I don't think Safari should have anything OmniWeb doesn't feature-wise.

missing that too!

Lots of threads related to this, most people are requesting "find as you type" support. I like how OW's find works now, it takes good advantage of standard search commands. But the interface is getting a big behind the times. I just hope they don't do something as intrusive as Firefox or Safari 3. I like it when I can hit the keyboard commands and have nothing show (no bar, no window...) but the highlighted result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Lots of threads related to this, most people are requesting "find as you type" support. I like how OW's find works now, it takes good advantage of standard search commands. But the interface is getting a big behind the times. I just hope they don't do something as intrusive as Firefox or Safari 3. I like it when I can hit the keyboard commands and have nothing show (no bar, no window...) but the highlighted result.
Oooh I agree, whatever we wind up doing making it possible to work without the panel (whatever form it may take) would be very nice.

Count me out, as I don't want a "find bar". The Find window is perfectly useable, and uses less space than a "bar".
Please, no "me too" pseudo-solutions :)

actually we've had partial implementation of find as you type in OmniWeb long before Safari had it. The feature was never finished though (and i'm not sure how well it works in 5.5) and thus off by default. We would still like to finish this in a future release.

I'd also like a find bar - I thought it was useful in Firefox, but what the new Safari in Leopard has is incredible. Maybe an option for a box or a bar would be good, though...

I, too, like the find bar more than the window.