The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus to Omnioutliner (including columns) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Carl View Post
I put the script into a new folder I labeled "Omnifocus" into the base level Library\Scripts folder but I don't understand how to drag the script onto the toolbar
It sounds as if you may be looking at the top level /Library/Scripts/. What you actually need is the Library folder of your user account.

/Users/[username]/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus

Once you have placed the script there, it will show up in Omnifocus when you choose View/Customize_Toolbar from the main menu.

I'm new to Apple Scripting - the script you have enclosed works great. I would like to add the attachments to the OmniOutliner File.

Is this possible - just change say the Flagged column to Attachments?

Thanks a Lot

"just" is always a tricky word :-)

Derek M's post seems to confirm my impression that it is not possible, at the moment, to place attachments in Omnioutliner using Applescript.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-02-21 at 01:29 PM..

I've added a column... "Context" to my Omni-Outliner... I am using OO 3.65 does the export of context only work with OO Pro?

The script described in this thread exports from OF to OO (and includes export of OF contexts).

Are you talking about moving in the opposite direction ?

yes, I was...got a bit mixed up

This script is great! Thanks! I also found that just cutting "Professional" out everywhere seems to allow it to work with regular OmniOutliner just fine.

Rob, if you're still monitoring this thread (or if anyone else knows what's up with Applescripts) I have two questions:

1. How do I get a script to appear as an icon in the tool bar of OF?

2. When I tried running OF2OO-09, I ended up with duplicates of every item selected in OF -- I had a properly nested set, then additional copies of every single task, un-nested, as well. Any way to stop that behavior? I'm using OF 1.7.4 and OO 3.6.3 (not OO Pro).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfree View Post
1. How do I get a script to appear as an icon in the tool bar of OF?
See this thread. You may need to restart OF after putting the script in the right folder before it is available to add to the toolbar.

See also this thread on customizing the actual icon.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfree View Post
When I tried running OF2OO-09, I ended up with duplicates of every item selected in OF -- I had a properly nested set, then additional copies of every single task, un-nested, as well. Any way to stop that behavior?
It sounds like you are selecting both projects and their children.

(The children of any selected project are automatically exported)

The trick is to select just projects (Cmd Click on each project required)

(or select just a few children if you want them without the parent project name)