The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Adding new perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After two days of getting to grips with OF iPhone I am absolutely delighted and satisfied with the implementation of the software on my iPod Touch. Unlike others, I seem to have no problems with synchronisation other than an occasional slowness, but then I am using MobileMe. My only real gripe is that the app takes what seems to be a long time to load on the Touch.

I thought I would create a new perspective and noted a helpful "+" button at the bottom of the home screen. But it does nothing, as far as I can see. Is it possible that it isn't possible to create additional perspectives?

I can understand that custom perspectives are not transferred from the desktop version, but it would be useful to have the facility to create new ones on the phone version. Am I missing something?

Your not missing anything. The + works to add new projects, folders, and tasks, but only becomes active when you tree down into one of the smart folders, (i.e. "Perspectives"). I don't think Omni has said anything yet about whether they may ultimately introduce user-configurable smart folders.